Skip to main content

Aidsimpact.com 2011 - "More than just a virus" - Mental health & wellbeing - Cognitive issues in HIV - Over 50's Clinic etc..

No replies
John
John's picture

The aidsimpact.com< annual meeting has just finished in Santa Fe for 2011. 

There are many interesting and varied subject area's connected with HIV that were subject to coverage<. Of interest in this forum are mental health related issues but the conference was varied in its subject matter.

Aidsmap have coverage also (click here).<

From the UK attendee's the subject covered -

Simon Rackstraw Cognitive issues in HIV - An overview

Breda Ward, Shamela De Silva, Tristan Barber, Jose Catalan, Denise Ratcliffe, Alexander Margetts, 
David Asboe, Anton Pozniak, Marta Boffito
Over 50s Clinic: How to assess for neurocognitive disorders (abstract available)<

(I declare an interest this is my treatment centre)

Richard Harding, Lorraine Sherr, Fiona Lampe, Claudine Clucas
What predicts health-related quality of life among HIV outpatients with ART access in a high-income country? A multicentre UK study of biomedical and psychosocial factors (abstract available)<

Simon Rackstraw, Emma Wicks, Camilla Hawkins
A preliminary investigation of the use of a ‘basket’ of outcome measures within a rehabilitation service for HIV-positive adults diagnosed with HIV-related neurocognitive impairment (abstract available)<

Jayne Griffiths, Tomas Campbell, Hannah Beer, Becki Wilkins
‘Be interested in me, not just my HIV’: a consultation with HIV+ teenagers regarding their views and preferences for transition (London, UK) (abstract available)<

Lucie Cluver Mental health and children in the HIV and AIDS Epidemic

Stuart Gibson, Sarah Zetler, Liz Shaw, Ruth Lowbury, Audrey Matthews
Workshop: Standards for psychological support for adults living with HIV in the UK (abstract available)<

Richard Harding
Living well with HIV? Global evidence of high physical and psychological symptom burden in the presence of treatment (abstract available) <

X